Thursday, April 14, 2011

some huge news

Oh dear.

It has been 2 weeks since I last blogged.  It has also been 2 weeks since I've been in Utah, and only 5 days before I will be leaving Utah.  The visit has gone by very quickly, and it has been slightly adventurous, and I got to see almost all of my favorite living breathing people.  There are a lot of them here in Utah.  One of the highlights of the trip was a long hike in the snow and mud and darkness.  Well, making it out alive was the highlight really.

Guys, I have some news.  I've only told a handful of people about this because I wasn't sure how to react or what I would do, but I'm getting a little used to the idea so I want to share it now.  I got an email on Monday informing me that I had been awarded a fellowship from the University of Louisville.  The award is full tuition, health benefits and an $18,000 stipend for 2 years.  After the first 2 years I will receive a Graduate Teaching Assistantship for the same amount; for the first 2 there are no work duties.

Like I said, I haven't been sure how to react to this news.  I'm a little scared, a little overwhelmed, and slightly convinced that they've made a huge mistake.

On the other hand getting $18,000 with "no work duties" sounds like my kind of job.  And really, it is a dream come true.  It is a prayer answered.

Guess I'm moving to Louisville this fall.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jasie! What an honor!I'm wondering how far from Maryland Louisville is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSH DANG IT!!!!!!!!

    I just got back from Spain and this is the news I find?!?!? I'm oh so happy for you but I have to admit my heart is hurrrrting right now. hurting real bad.

    ReplyDelete