Thursday, April 30, 2009

blah.

I'm not feeling so hot these days, and I'm not sure why. I don't understand why I am so tired and lethargic, why I have a headache every afternoon, and why I can't focus on anything. All I want to do is be in my bed watching tv on the internet, which of course makes it worse. I am supposed to be writing a thesis right now, but I can't focus enough to read any of the articles and books that I have, and when I try I feel completely overwhelmed. I feel like I've forgotten how to write.

I'll stop complaining, but that is just how I'm feeling right now.

So I'm trying to write a chapter on how religious elements are used in horror films and in zombie films specifically so I've been trying to do this research on the topic and I've come to the realization that there are a lot of horror films out there that I have yet to see. I'm usually pretty selective with my horror intake, but it's got to the point where I don't watch any anymore, and I am literally craving it. Not only that, but I feel like I am at a disadvantage when discussing them if I haven't even seen most of what I'm reading about. What kind of horror scholar am I? It really comes down to the fact I need to watch these movies because I need to be familiar with the topic I've chosen to write my thesis about. And it's especially tricky because no one will watch them with me, and I would prefer to watch them with people because that is part of the horror experience, I think.

But I guess I just need to get down to business and watch them, whether anyone will join me or not. I bought Land of the Dead yesterday, so I suppose I'll start with that one. I'm going to my mom's next week for a few days and so I think I'll have her rent me some movies and I'll have a horror marathon. Maybe she'll watch some of them with me.

OK, so I'm going to read a chapter about Land of the Dead before I watch it so that I feel like I really am doing research.

No comments:

Post a Comment