So, I don't have a proper job and I'm not taking any real classes. What in the world am I doing with all this time other than watching my requisite 5 hours a week of television? It's a weird state to be in. I have much to do but no one telling me when or how to do it. I've made up some goals to help me structure my time, and so far I think it's helping.
Here's a list of the things I have to do and some goals I've made for this semester:
- Study for the GRE
- Apply to PhD programs, which entails filling out applications, talking to professors about letters of recomendation, writing personal statements, chosing and editing writing samples, and for London I actually have to write a dissertation proposal, which I still have a lot of research to do.
- Try to get published. I have to edit papers I think might be publishing worthy and send them off.
- Edit my thesis.
- Work and find another job
- Watch a movie every day
- Write in my blog every day
- Read at least one scholarly article every day
- Be creative, not just crafty.
- Spend time building relationships with family and friends.