Sunday, April 18, 2010

i just came here to say i'm going away

I'm moving to New York in a week. I'm not really sure why I'm doing this. A month ago I was going to move to Salt Lake. Two weeks ago I was going to stay in Provo because it would be easier and cheaper and now I'm moving to New York to have a summer job working at Coney Island. I have a place to live, I bought my plane ticket, and it seems like this and perhaps another job will work out for me. But really, I'm not going to be making much money and will probably spend a lot more than I make. I'm leaving my home, my family, my friends. Why? To get out of Provo I guess, even though summer in Provo is wonderful and I love it. I love going to the farmer's market and swimming at Mona, and I had goals of working hard at the local community garden and maybe finding a boyfriend. And now I'm moving my whole life across the country so I can work part time at a museum shop in Coney Island?

Yep. That's what I'm doing. And I can't wait. It's really time for me to make this change. I get antsy staying in one place for very long, and I've been fantasizing leaving Provo for years. One of my closest friends lives out there and I'll make new friends and have a wonderful time getting to know a really great city. I feel good about it, and a lot of prayers have been answered to get me to this point, so I'm just going to take a leap of faith and see how it works out. I'm mostly sad to be leaving the people I love, people that I just barely started to be friends with, people I've been friends with for as long as I've been at BYU. But sometimes you just have to go away for a little while, and this is one of those times.

2 comments:

  1. jasie, you are only leaving for three months, which will go sooo fast. so if you don't like living in nyc there will always be that comfort that you will be going back to Utah. regarding money, be wise and just spend it in what you think is necessary. nyc is expensive but you could live here comfortably if you are smart with money. i am so excited for you to come! we can go to the museum of sex, bike rides and picnics in central park, temple, free music shows, coney island, etc... i can't wait for you to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this on fb, and I'm going to like it again here. Partly because this makes us official blog friends (?) I hope it does at least. But I am SO excited for your grand adventures and for writing lots of post cards this summer and sending you peas in the mail.
    Thanks for living upstairs.

    ReplyDelete